Homebuyers using the following Southeast Texas Housing Programs will be required to complete our on-line Homebuyer Education Course :
- SETH 5 Star Texas Advantage Program
- SETH Mortgage Credit Certificate Program
All borrowers on the mortgage loan will be required to take the SETH Homebuyer Education Course.
Please read the instructions below.
Be sure you select the correct homebuyer education course.
If you have any questions, please ask your Lender or call us at:
- If you are the ONLY borrower on the loan you will select the RED tab. If you do not have a co-borrower on your loan then this will be your selection. The cost will be $100 for the class.
- If there are two or more borrowers on your loan, EACH borrower on the mortgage loan is required to complete the Homebuyer Education Class. Each borrower will select the BLUE tab and register for the class individually. The cost of the class is $60 for each borrower on the mortgage loan.
- Each borrower on the mortgage loan will complete their homebuyer education course at their own pace.
- When you finish this course, you will be provided with a completion certificate. This certificate will be required by your Lender for loan approval. Remember- if there are multiple borrowers on your mortgage loan, each borrower will need to have a completion certificate in their own name.
- We encourage you to complete your course as early in the home buying process as possible. The course provides great information and helps to give a greater understanding of the home buying process.
- If you are the ONLY BORROWER on the mortgage loan
- If you have 2 OR MORE BORROWERS on the mortgage loan
NOTE: SETH requires all borrowers on the mortgage loan to complete this homebuyer education class. Please be sure you select the appropriate link. If you are the only borrower on your loan, you will use the RED tab. If there are two or more borrowers on your mortgage loan, each borrower will select the BLUE tab. Fees for this class are non-refundable. Homebuyer certificates expire one year from date of issuance.